Friday, August 5, 2011

It's Friday, Let's Party! Cooking Party from Baby Jayne's

Hi Auntie Lolo's Crafts! I'm exciting to be over here today and share one of my favorite party ideas. You can check out my blog at Baby Jayne's for more crafting ideas and tutorials!


A few months ago we celebrated my daughter's 6th Birthday. To celebrate, she had her best girlfriends over for a cooking party! We had so much fun. Here's some of my crafting details:
The Invitation: I used my silhouette to cut out a recipe card for the invitation. The message reads like a recipe but we put in details about the party, like pre-heat your oven to 5-19, and cook from 1pm-3pm. I think they turned out super cute!
The Decor: We went with a pink/brown theme. I had these tissue balls already. We hung streamers, put vinyl "Happy Birthday" on the mirror, a cute table runner, and matching bunting! Pink Gerber Daisies finished off the look.
A Few Favorite Things: Besides the food they cooked, we served a few of my daughters favorite things- Whole Wheat Banana Muffins, Watermelon, Fishies.
Drinks: My daughters favorite drink is Sunny Delight (which I never buy. They only get it at Grandma's) She was so excited I got these for the party. I replaced the ugly wrapper with a custom label that said Happy Birthday Jayne!
Make Your Own Pizza: For the first activity, each girl got to make her own pizza. We had the dough already made. They got to roll out their dough and add their sauce and cheese.
Decorate Your Own Cupcake: For dessert and our next activity, each girl got to decorate her own cupcake. We had strawberry and chocolate frosting's (keeping with our pink/brown theme), and a medley of toppings. I put them in the center of the table on a lazy susan so they could spin it around and choose their topping.
Craft: For the craft, each girl got to put together and decorate her own cook book. I had pre-printed 5 recipes for them and a title page. They used markers, stickers, and puffy paints to decorate their books and pages. I also had a fun word search with cooking words/terms that they could do while waiting for other girls to finish.
Goodies: Instead of a goodie bag, each girl got their very own personalized apron! These were set out so as each girl arrived they put on their aprons for the party. They were so excited they got to take them home!
Add in a little sidewalk chalk, hula hoop, and chatting, and you've got yourself a fun party!! They were adorable!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, we didn't go all out on the decorations, but we did have fun activities like this. Add the cuteness of the decor here and this is the perfect party!

    -(non)Working Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling idea! I did a 50's party for one of my girls and let them make their own pizza's, but this is a fun spin. I am going to pass it on for one of my grand daughters b-days. Love the sweet aprons! And those poses, absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...