Monday, January 9, 2012

Um hi, remember me?

So......I have some explaining to do :) When I last posted (almost a month ago) I had no intentions of dropping off the face of the earth!! 

Since September, we have been going through the foster care system for a specific little girl (a distant relative) and it has been nothing short of dramatic! There used to be twists and turns every week, then daily and we are just about down to hourly. 

Going through the foster care system is like being blind folded and strapped in a roller coaster that flips, twists, turns, stops, starts and you have no idea when you are going to be let off! 

That is the very best way I can describe the last month(s) of our lives. I'll be back to blogging soon, hopefully next week because I have missed it (and you) SO much!! 

Thank you for your private messages asking where I was and telling me you were praying for our family, I had no idea when I started a crafting blog that I would have such kind readers following it. 

P.S. If you have ever been through the foster care system and would like to share any tips, PLEASE email me. auntielolocrafts at gmail dot com. Also, if you've ever been on a roller coaster blind folded and have tips about that, I'll take those too ;)

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lois - I have not done either, but I'm praying for God to cut through all the red tape for you! :) C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just remember being on a roller coaster with you at six flags over georgia--and screaming our heads off--blind folded would have been much worse!! ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were foster parents for a relative's baby 11 years ago. What was supposed to only last 2 weeks turned into a year and a half of very precious time with a very sweet little baby boy. Our entire family was literally exhausted! I think it took about 6 months after everything was settled before we all were back to normal. So my best advice to you is to pray for guidance not only for you but for the decision makers, patience, peace of mind, and ENERGY! So glad we didn't have children at the time! Now I have almost 5 of my own and I'm still praying for energy-ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any tips for you, but I do understand the craziness. My therapist husband took a job as a Therapeutic Case Manager in the foster care system last year. As someone who has previously worked with ex-cons and the like, even he is surprised at the circus that the foster care system can be at times. Hang in there...I am thoroughly convinced that foster parents are angels on earth.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...