Monday, February 14, 2011

Making Binky the Owl

Last week I made "Binky the Owl" from the Little Hibou Shoppe on Etsy. Remember THIS post? I thought I would take pictures throughout the process so you can see how easy she was to make! I cannot wait to make the other animals too.
When I decided to make Binky the Owl for a friends new baby I was kind of scared because I have never made a project like this. Well thankfully along with the pattern, you get many pages of instructions on how to do the stitches. I learned how to do 2 new ones! Including cutting the pattern out, this project took a total of 4 hours. No joke. I did it while watching TV one night. Love that!
The first new stitch I learned was the Satin Stitch, here it is above. It was actually really easy, but I'm not going to lie I was intimidated at first. :)

The cute little beak is on

Then stitch Binky's eyes on above the beak
I messed up a little on the wings, they are supposed to be a little farther in and not right against the edge, but oh well! I was pretty scared to do Binky's wings too because of the feather marks, but it was easy!
Next you start blanket stitching the front to the back, you go about half way around and then start adding the stuffing.

Here she is again! I just love her.

Go HERE to purchase the pattern and make Binky yourself!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. This is darling! Now I want to make one! Thanks for showing me how easy it is to make!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Wish I was a better seamstress. This would make an incredibly cute present for my nieces!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...